Holiday between Nature and Beaches
Only 20 minutes from fine sandy beaches in the south of France and a few minutes from Montpelier, the Sandaya 4-star camp site "Plein Air des Chênes" offers you a rendez-vous in Languedoc-Roussillon a few minutes from Montpelier. It has an exceptional water park with pools extending over 1,200m² for the delight of young and old alike. Situated in an ancient oak forest, it offers family activities for every taste while respecting the quiet necessary for a relaxing holiday. Located between the sea and the land, you will have the freedom to visit the Herault and its neighbouring departments to explore some of the most beautiful places and national parks. Nature or beaches, why choose ?
Open from 01 April 2016 to 09 October 2016
- Campsite covering 8 hectares with 271 pitches.
- Free activities and children's clubs.
- Water Park covering 1200m² with pools and slides.
- WIFI throughout the campsite with free access in the bar area.
Rewards and awards
At Plein Air des Chênes in Clapiers, Sandaya wanted to offer a camp site offering a human touch, with mobile homes arranged on delightful plots in the middle of a forest of oak and pine trees. Close to the beaches of Pérols, Grau-du-Roi, Palavas-les-flots, La Grande-Motte ... you'll have the choice of destinations for your afternoons at the beach, unless the children prefer the extra large water park with its water play area. On site there are many facilities for those who like to alternate relaxation with sport in order to keep in shape: bodybuilding gym, tennis courts, fitness classes, aqua-aerobics ... all this while the toddlers make new friends at the children's clubs.
Dive into the past, and discover the Roman era amongst arenas, aqueducts and amphitheatres in towns crammed with history such as Nimes or Arles and surrounding area. Or perhaps you may prefer the pedestrian city centre of Montpelier, 5km from the camp site, with its Place de la Comedy set between modernity and tradition. Close by in the Camargue regional nature park, you will discover beyond the herds of bulls in the great expanses of wilderness, the way of life of hundreds of enthusiasts who love sharing the Languedoc countryside with its olive groves and vineyards. Whether cycling or walking, on the way-marked tracks in the heart of the forest, or even in a kayak with the water's flow carrying you through the best preserved landscapes, you will fully enjoy the natural scene. Go green, have a break, this is a holiday !
The Sandaya camp site "Plein Air des Chênes", makes available to you, free of any charge or supplement, a number of services which make each day of your stay easier. Your holiday starts, as soon as you arrive, with our receptionists, who, upon welcoming you, will give you a useful guide to the camp site and provide you with initial information about how your stay will unfold.
- Our receptionists are available everyday between 9:00am and 8:00pm in July and August. Out of season, we are open from 9:00am to 12 noon and 3:00pm to 7:00pm. You will find an Info-Tourism corner with leaflets and information on the region.
- WIFI Internet
- Stay connected even on holiday! You get a free connection from the entertainment arena. To access the internet from your accommodation/pitch and from anywhere on the camp site, you can buy the package of your choice on line : 1 Day = €10; 4 days = €15; 7 days = €20.
- We provide washing machines and a dryer in an area set aside for this purpose. An iron and ironing board are available free on request at Reception.
- Games Room
- A large room set aside near the Bar with many slot machines such as pinball machines, video games etc...
- Beach Shuttle
- NEW: Your campsite Sandaya The Plein Air des Chenes offers during the months of July and August, for free shuttle service by bus for the beaches of Carnon.
Shopping on site
To make your stay as enjoyable as possible, we offer, within the camp site, a number of nearby shops which will avoid you having to use the car whilst on holiday.
- Restaurant Auberge du Parc
- At meal times, enjoy the sunny terrace at the restaurant Auberge du Parc. Menus from €14 with a variety of choices: salads, grills... Open everyday except Monday from 12 noon to 2:00pm and on Saturday afternoons and evenings. It is possible to hire one of the rooms in the restaurant for a private function such as a wedding, seminars or other events with bespoke catering service and accommodation if necessary.
- Snack Bar Le Petit Chêne
- Whether for a small cup of coffee on the terrace with a view over the water park or a pizza with all the family as they enjoy the entertainment, the Snack Bar welcomes you every day in July and August. A selection of take-away dishes can be available. A giant screen is set up when sports events are on and a television room is available for holiday makers.
- Bread Shop
- One of the region's bakers delivers fresh bread and pastries every morning and these are available to you in the Snack-Bar Le Petit Chêne.