You've landed in Normandy !
Only 500 metres from the extensive beach at Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer in the department of Calvados and only 30 minutes from the town of Caen, Sandaya's 5 star camp site "La Côte de Nacre", welcomes you to Basse-Normandie. With its heated water park, its indoor pool and water slides, your family will be won over by Norman charm. Region of culture and heritage, you'll appreciate the campsite's central location between Arromanches and Ouistreham - ideal for imagining the June 1944 Landings in all their length and width. Everyone will be happy here, whether they have come to recharge their batteries, explore, or have fun. It's your holiday.
Open from 25 March 2016 to 11 September 2016
- Camp site covering 10 hectares with 507 pitches.
- Free activities and children's clubs.
- Water Park covering 750 m² heated with covered pool and slides.
- WIFI throughout the campsite and free access in the restaurant area.
Rewards and awards
A stay with a discovery theme thanks to Sandaya. For your relaxation after a full day out, the campsite "La Côte de Nacre" offers every comfort in its mobile homes and on its camping pitches set in flower lined avenues. You will love Normandy for its legendary hospitality, its cultural heritage, and its breathtaking landscapes. Everyone can make their own holiday, whether touring the region to discover its history, or relaxing whilst the children have fun.
As regards facilities and services, you'll be surprised to discover a campsite offering a wide range of activities right from its opening. An extra large children's playground with swings, slides, and a climbing wall. What about a tree climbing course adventure? Or ice skating in summer, free children's clubs for 5 year olds and above, a SPA with relaxing massage etc. To start the day a swim in the indoor heated pool (Air and Water), followed by a small glass of cider on the restaurant terrace. Let's drink to it: Long live Normandy !
The Sandaya campsite "La Côte de Nacre", offers a number of services to make each day of your stay easier.
- Our receptionists are available everyday between 8:00am and 8:00pm in July and August. Out of season, we are open from 9:00am to 7:00pm. You will also find a reading room where books can be borrowed as well as an Info-Tourism corner with leaflets and information on the region.
- WIFI Internet
- Stay connected even on holiday! You get free connection at Reception. To access the internet from your accommodation/pitch and from anywhere on the campsite, you can buy the package of your choice on line : 1 day = €10; 4 days = €15; 7 days = €20; 14 days = €35; 60 mins = €5; 120 mins = €8; 180 mins = €10.
- We provide washing machines and a dryer in an area set aside for this purpose. Price: €5 for the washing machine; €4 for the dryer.
- Barbecue areas
- Fancy a barbecue? Enjoy free use of our charcoal barbecues in various places open for all on the campsite.
Shopping on site
To make your stay as enjoyable as possible, we offer, within the campsite, a number of nearby shops which will avoid you having to use the car whilst on holiday.
- Our restaurant offers you a wide range of dishes from €8 either inside or on the terrace. Pizza, ice cream, and crêpes are also on the menu. A selection of take-away dishes can be available. Open everyday from 11:30am to 1:30pm and 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Bar and Games Room
- The Bar welcomes you every day from 11:00am to 10:30pm (11:30pm in July and August), whether for a small cup of coffee on the sunny terrace as you watch the children in the pool or for an aperitif with the family as they enjoy the entertainment. A giant screen is set up when sports events are on. A games room with pinball machines and table football is located nearby.
- Grocery Store / Bread Shop
- Our mini supermarket is open every day from 8:00am to 12:30pm and from 4:30pm to 7:00pm (8:00pm in July and August). You will find on site everyday products but also fresh fruit and vegetables, a frozen foods section, hygiene products, and beach accessories. We also offer you, throughout the day, a selection of bread and fresh pastries, made on site several times a day.
- Wellness area
- Relax in the hands of our beautician/ masseuse and treat yourself to massage or body-care (exfoliation, waxing ... ). The hammam and sauna area is also available from €10. The wellness area is open every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm; On reservation.