Discovering the Var and its gastronomy
Kilometers of coastline with the most beautiful sandy beaches of the region with water activities, unspoilt natural environment, preserved Islands (Golden Island): Welcome to the Var on the Côte d'Azur. Renowned resorts (Saint Tropez, Saint-Raphaël, Saint-Maxime, Saint-Aygulf...), lake cities (Port-Grimaud, Cogolin) and kilometres of trails running along beaches, coves, wild creeks, pine forests and underwood with the same magnificent panorama of the sea and the rocks.
This is the inland Provence, its green hills, cultivated fields scrub-land and scented pine forests. Old perched villages filled with serenity and tranquility. In this generous nature and wilderness you will discover the rich heritage of the Var (church, castle, caves...), forests, umbrella pines and red rocks of the Maures and L'esterel. You will be able to go hiking You will also discover majestic sites such as the Gorges du Verdon, the lake of Ste-Croix and the St Cassien lake.
The Var has a long-established reputation. Renowned based both on the quality of its products and that of its chefs who make your nostrils tingle and your taste buds sing! Come and enjoy a ratatouille, a provençal stew, a pistou soup, an anchovy paste, aioli, pissaladière, stuff vegetables... Or indulge in specialty products such as honey, figs, olive oil, truffle, wines of Provence
Access to the campsite
You have a GPS :
- GPS coordinates 43°24'33.6"N 6°42'35.5"E
- Address: 189 Les grands châteaux de Villepey, 83370 Saint-Aygulf
Coming from the A8 motorway :
Take the Fréjus exit No. 36 and continue on the D7 road for 10 km. You have reached the Sandaya campsite Riviera d'Azur
Arriving at the Frejus train station :
You now have two options :
- You can take bus line 9 bus from the Fréjus Paul Vernet bus terminal to St Aygulf Grands Chateaux. Ticket costs € 2. Please check the bus time schedule on http://www.saint-aygulf.fr.
- You can also take a taxi from that same place. The taxi will take you straight to the campsite. Ride takes around 20 minutes and will cost approximately €20 (depending on the traffic).
Here is the phone number of the taxi company located at the station of Frejus/St Raphaël Station :
Central Radio Taxis Gare Saint Raphael : 04 94 83 24 24
From the Nice Airport :
You have two options :
- Take the shuttle bus 3003 of the Varlib transport network. Ticket for the shuttle costs €20 and the trip takes one hour This shuttle will drop you off at the Frejus bus station; you will then take bus line 9 bus station at the Fréjus Paul Vernet bus termnal to St Aygulf Grands Chateaux. Ticket costs € 2. Please check the bus time schedule on http://www.saint-aygulf.fr schedules.
- Or take a taxi directly outside the airport. Taxi ride time is around 50 minutes and costs €120 (depending on traffic).
Here is the number of two available taxi companies from Nice airport :
Nice Taxi: 06 10 82 11 71
Nice Taxi: 06 10 82 11 71
Biomotion: 04 93 17 57 89
Port GrimaudPort Grimaud
Visit the "Venice of Provence" located at 21 km. You can discover this lakeside town by boat or walking through its streets overlooking the canals. It is the ideal place to find a traditional restaurant and check out the boats passing by.
A nice and big seaside resort, with sandy beaches and rich Roman architecture. You can discover many Roman remains such as: the arena, the Roman theater, the aqueduct, the amphitheater ....
Marineland is a must to discover aquatic animal species. Enjoy the shows of dolphins, sea lions and even Orcas . The park is located 55km from Nice.
Golf de RoquebruneGolf de Roquebrune
Feeling to relax and have some fun? Enjoy the sea views of this 18 holes golf court. This place located at 12 km, lets you mix sports and nature.
Empty your mind and relax in this institute, located on a sandy beach of the French Riviera. This hotel offers 11 individual spa treatments, three kinds of seaweed wraps and 3 types of relaxing massages.
Enjoy and relax in Aquland Fréjus, a family water park, with it’s slides and Fun pool environment.