The Vendée, the ideal destination for your camping holiday
Dive through the ocean waves, try your hand at kitesurfing, discover the unspoilt beaches of the nearby islands or simply stretch out in the sunshine... it’s time to head for the Vendée! No need to plan your holiday beforehand, simply wander from beach to beach, from picturesque village to bucolic bocage. You can rely on the Vendée to ensure you enjoy the holiday of your dreams!
You appreciate authenticity and getting back to nature? Opt for a stay in one of our lodge tents or settle yourself comfortably on one of our camping pitches. Shh! Listen carefully, and you’ll be able to hear the murmur of the ocean waves as they gently lull you to sleep. You prefer the serenity of a fully-equipped accommodation option? Take your pick from our mobile homes, each as spacious inside as it is out, so you can be sure to make the most of every instant when camping with Sandaya! Get ready to start the day the best possible way with a sunny holiday breakfast on your private terrace!
Camping Vendée, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit the Vendée with the family
With its radiant skies the “Côte de Lumière” in the Vendée more than justifies its name. Unbelievable levels of sunshine and endless beaches of softly shelving sand make the Vendée coast the ideal destination for an unforgettable family holiday. Discover the pretty seaside resorts that line the Atlantic shore. Les Sables-d’Olonne, of course, starting-point for the renowned Vendée Globe, but also Saint-Jean-de-Monts to the north, with its landing stage, long dunes and state forest. And then there’s La Tranche-sur-Mer to the south, a seaside resort awarded the “Famille Plus” seal of approval, where water-based leisure activities rule. From the south-facing beaches, admire a breathtaking view towards the Île de Ré!
And what would be a holiday in the Vendée without a trip to the “Best Theme Park in the World”? Lose yourself in the fascinating universe of the Puy du Fou with all the family, a journey that never disappoints!
Visit the Vendée as a couple
Authentic and romantic, the Vendée is a world away from the everyday, one certain to offer you exactly the stay you’ve both been dreaming of! For those who love unspoilt landscapes, take a trip to the island of Noirmoutier, pearl of the Vendée archipelago. Once you’ve crossed the Passage du Gois, you can’t help but fall under the island’s spell!
Another must-visit for a holiday arm-in-arm: the Marais Poitevin and its incredible landscape. Aboard a traditional flat-bottomed boat, treat yourself to a voyage cut off from the rest of the world, along the peaceful canals of this “green Venice”.
For those who love nothing better than exploring venerable buildings and picturesque streets, head for La Roche-sur-Yon, a pretty little town built by Napoleon. Or get right off the beaten track in the green Yon valley!
Camping Vendée: our handy tips for a successful stay
The Côte de Lumière counts some 2,100 hours of sunshine per year: don’t forget the sunscreen!
Watch the famous Cinéscénie spectacle at the Puy du Fou, the greatest night-time show in the world!
On foot, by bike, or on a standup paddleboard, discover the stunning landscape of the Payré estuary, a true haven of tranquillity.
Take part in a large-as-life escape game in the underground passages of the Château de Talmont-Saint-Hilaire!
Why go camping in the Vendée?
Set out to discover one of the most beautiful destinations on the French Atlantic coast on a camping holiday in the Vendée. With its magnificent beaches, characteristic quaint ports and rich cultural heritage (including the celebrated Puy du Fou), a dreamy programme of sunshine, exploration and relaxation awaits! Can you think of a better blend?!
At your nature campsite in the Vendée, we’ve got everything you love: indoor swimming pool, water park, direct access to the beach, restaurants, shops and more... You can lounge by the pool while your youngsters have fun and burn off their energy at our children’s and teens’ clubs. In the evening, enjoy the chilled party atmosphere with the shows and entertainment put on by our teams. The whole family is in for a treat!
When it comes to accommodation, you’ll find the very best at your seaside campsite in the Vendée:
● Pitch for tent in the Vendée,
● Luxury mobile home and cottage with spa in the Vendée,
● Chalet in the Vendée,
● Quirky accommodation in the Vendée (tents, lodges, ...).
Which are the most beautiful towns in the Vendée?
During your camping holiday in the Vendée, it would be a shame not to visit the most beautiful towns in this department with a coastline stretching more than 250 km along the Atlantic... including 140 km of beaches:
● Les Sables-d’Olonne: golden beaches, an enchanting maritime atmosphere, walks along the coast... this place has everything you need for an unforgettable seaside escapade.
● La Barre-de-Monts: set amidst dunes that stretch as far as the eye can see, with well-preserved paths along the shoreline, this is one of the most unspoilt destinations on the Vendée coast. For a “nature and hiking” themed getaway during your camping holiday in the Vendée, this is the perfect destination.
● Noirmoutier-en-l’Île: will you cross via Noirmoutier bridge or the Passage du Gois? Take your pick and set off for this island lined with pristine beaches. Then, before you head back to your luxury campsite in the Vendée, treat your tastebuds to an oyster-tasting session.
● Talmont-Saint-Hilaire: this charming seaside resort, with its picturesque alleys steeped in a medieval atmosphere, beckons you to take your time and enjoy a leisurely stroll. Step into the many local craft shops, the ideal place to pick up an original souvenir of your unforgettable camping holiday in the Vendée.
What are the sightseeing attractions in the Vendée?
During your camping holiday in the Vendée, don’t miss out on these tourist spots that will appeal to campers big and small:
● Les Sables-d’Olonne zoo: what better than an animal park to captivate the whole family? Meet the exotic animals at Les Sables-d’Olonne zoo, which provides its residents with a peaceful sanctuary in a breathtaking natural setting.
● The Île aux Papillons butterfly park in Noirmoutier: not far from your campsite with swimming pool in the Vendée, you’ll find a nature reserve unlike any other in France. Home to butterflies from all around the world, this is a truly tranquil haven where nature reigns supreme, bedecked in its most resplendent colours.
● Lac du Jaunay: with its pristine natural setting and soothing vibe, this is the ideal spot for a day out and picnic. Here, you can simply relax and unwind in the midst of nature... you’ll be glad you came!
● La Corniche Vendéenne: make your way to St Gilles-Croix-de-Vie where you’ll be captivated by the cliffs and rocks that plunge into the ocean over a stretch of more than 3 kilometres. Or perhaps you’ll find yourself trembling before the famous “Devil’s Hole”!
● Puy du Fou: with its spectacular shows and unparalleled immersion in the past, no wonder this has been voted “the world’s best theme park” several times over. And if you love visiting castles, you can also delve into the fascinating history of the Château du Puy du Fou.
Which are the most beautiful beaches in the Vendée?
With so many beaches and coasts to explore, you’re sure to spend a lot of your camping holiday in the Vendée diving into the ocean and building sandcastles with your children. Here are the Vendée beaches that have stolen our hearts:
● Saint-Jean-de-Monts beach: fine sand as far as the eye can see and a thrilling choice of watersports mean action-packed days for the whole family.
● La Tranche-sur-Mer beach: wonderful waves, perfect for an introduction to surfing or simply soaking up the relaxed vibe. A summer holiday, in a nutshell!
● Le Veillon beach in Talmont-Saint-Hilaire: the unspoilt setting and wild nature here provide an idyllic backdrop for your days by the sea. In addition, it’s right beside your seaside campsite in the Vendée!
● La Faute-sur-Mer beach: surrounded by dunes, an unspoilt coastline awaits you for a relaxing swim. And to help recharge your batteries, we recommend a snooze on the sand, lulled by the gentle murmur of the waves. Unbeatable!