Glamping: where comfort meets quirky
To breathe life into your childhood dreams or offer your favourite person a fabulous surprise, treat yourself to a stay unlike any other and sample glamping by Sandaya!
A contraction of “glamour” and “camping”, glamping means enjoying the very best of a holiday in the great outdoors with a choice of accommodation that’s seriously out of the ordinary. Unusual yes, but with cutting edge comfort and even greater respect for the environment. This is one trend that’s guaranteed to please!
If glamping first began across the Channel in Great Britain, the rest of Europe didn’t take long to follow suit. Indeed, most of our Sandaya campsites offer a selection of quirky accommodation for a stay that will take you a world away from the everyday. So, prepare to experience the great glamping adventure!
Discover the glamping accommodation at our Sandaya campsites
Ready for an extra helping of the exotic this summer? If you’re in search of an accommodation option that offers total comfort yet remains totally out of the ordinary, a stay that’s as close to nature as it is imbued with adventure, you won’t be able to resist the extraordinary world of glamping. Prepare for a real escape:
- In a fully-equipped lodge tent, for an authentic holiday trapper-style, but with added comfort
- In an Indian tepee, to imagine yourself in the American Far West with your own little tribe
- In a gypsy caravan, for a bohemian lifestyle in a very special natural setting
- In a tree-house, to reconnect with your inner child and feel you can touch the stars
- In a Coco Sweet tent, to make the most of an unusual but oh-so-cosy nest, fully-equipped just for you
And why not discover our PREMIUM mobile homes, fitted-out with everything you could possibly want and more they offer a stay at the forefront of modernity, or one of our chalets all dressed in wood for a real change from traditional camping. Equipped kitchen, high quality bedding, on-site sanitary facilities, whirlpool bath outside amidst your own garden furniture... Who could possibly say refuse? Exactly, glamping means having it all and never having to say no!
Now all you have to do is choose the destination of your dreams: a romantic weekend break at the seaside, a family holiday by the ocean or a stay with friends in the heart of the countryside. Glamping makes the perfect match whatever your holiday desires, a pleasure to relish at any age.
Bring your childhood dreams to life or treat your significant other to a gorgeous surprise, indulge yourself with a stay unlike any other and come glamping with Sandaya!
Our great ideas for your campsite holiday
If you think that conviviality and originality are perfect partners, then now’s the time to give it a go. Glamping is just made for you!
It is because it offers the perfect way to get back to the essentials, whilst still enjoying total comfort, that Glamping always lifts your spirits!
Comfortable beds, an exceptional natural setting, relaxing atmosphere... Fall under the charm of glamping, afterwards you won’t want to settle for anything less!
To make the picture even more perfect, treat yourself to a day at the campsite spa, complete with massage and facial!
What is glamping?
Glamping is the combination of two concepts that are seemingly poles apart: camping and glamour! But above all, glamping is the trend that’s going to change the way you think about holidays! Picture yourself in luxurious accommodation in the heart of nature, surrounded by wild beauty... all with the comfort you’d expect from a traditional hotel.
Glamping is much more than a simple stay in the great outdoors; it’s an immersive experience offering a close encounter with nature combined with sheer relaxation. There’s no better way to unwind and restore your energy!
Glamping is ideal for nature lovers who don’t want to compromise on comfort. You can relax in the snuggest of settings while marvelling at the breathtaking scenery that surrounds you.
Imagine... just the two of you, sipping a drink under the starry sky, soothed by the gentle whisper of nature. A glamping break with your special someone is the perfect way to forge unforgettable memories during a holiday for two.
So if you dream of combining comfort, relaxation and a close-up experience with nature, opt for glamping! Book your glamping holiday in Europe now and get ready for an adventure that will rekindle your appreciation for nature’s beauty.
Camping versus Glamping: What’s the difference?
Glamping, or glamorous camping, differs from traditional camping in a number of ways which make it a truly unique experience. The key to a glamping holiday is accommodation offering the highest level of comfort, along with a range of high-end, distinctive and sophisticated amenities.
Unlike camping, which has its own special charm, glamping lets you connect to nature while enjoying true comfort. You can lie in late in a comfortable bed, treat yourself to a beauty treatment in a modern, private bathroom, or unwind in a whirlpool.
What makes glamping really special is its quirkiness. You can stay in:
• a treehouse
• a gypsy caravan
• a safari lodge
With glamping in France, Spain and Belgium, your camping accommodation promises an out-of-the-ordinary experience and a real sense of escape. The whole idea is to become immersed in nature while benefiting from a superb level of comfort.
And just like a traditional camping holiday, a glamorous camping break is the opportunity to embark on some fun outdoor activities, such as:
• water-based activities
All just steps away from your accommodation!
What glamping accommodation options can we find in France?
From the treehouse to the furnished tent or gypsy caravan... we’ve got something for everyone! Take your pick from a wide range of luxury camping accommodation choices – there’s sure to be one to win your heart!
• Treehouse: enjoy a real adventure in a peaceful, unspoilt natural setting, with all the benefits of a superbly styled, ultra-comfortable dwelling. Don’t believe that’s possible? Well, try it and see for yourself!
• Safari lodge: choose this spacious, authentic accommodation option and feel Africa’s warm embrace. The perfect family glamping experience!
• Teepee lodge: tap into your adventurous side in this large tent with its distinctive Native American style. A highly original option that will whisk you away to a faraway land while offering a unique blend of tradition and modern comfort.
• Gypsy caravan: travel back in time in luxury style with a beautifully appointed gypsy caravan for a romantic, retro glamping experience.
• Coco Sweet: the Coco Sweet tent is a fun and affordable alternative to the mobile home blending originality and comfort for a very enjoyable stay.
• Furnished tent: a spacious and well-appointed tent for an authentic glamping experience with the added advantage of premium comfort.
Where can we take a glamping holiday in France?
A glamping holiday is the perfect way to enjoy a very special, one-of-a-kind holiday in some of France’s most beautiful regions:
• Brittany: in Perros-Guirec, Ploureur, Bénodet, Clohars-Carnoët or Névez, savour the glamping vibe by the ocean lined with craggy cliffs and sandy beaches. Let yourself be lulled by the gentle sound of the waves when you stay in quirky accommodation in Brittany.
• Auvergne: in Privas, Sampzon, Annecy or Murol, immerse yourself in the breathtaking mountain landscapes while enjoying glamping comfort in the Auvergne, along with the array of activities and entertainment on offer at your campsite. You can also set off on some breathtaking hikes in such lush green surroundings.
• Dordogne: opt for our quirkiest accommodation choices on the banks of crystal-clear rivers, where adventure and relaxation come together in the heart of the forest.
• Aquitaine: in Sanguinet, Saint-Martial-de-Nabirat, Bois-Plage-en-Ré, Sarlat or Soustons, try a glamping holiday in the Aquitaine, located near the well-preserved coastal landscapes, between the ocean and the Bordeaux vineyards.
• Occitanie: in Sérignan, Vias, Frontignan-Plage, Vendres-Plage, Montpellier or Avignon, on the shores of the Mediterranean bathed in the southern sunshine, discover our luxury campsites in picturesque locations, perfect for a holiday surrounded by nature.
• Normandy: in Maupertus-sur-Mer, Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer or Le Mont-Saint-Michel, enjoy the bucolic charm of the Normandy countryside and the gorgeous coastal landscapes in a high-end cottage, the ideal setting for a romantic getaway.