Aquitaine, the ideal destination for your holiday!
Deep in the heart of the Dordogne or with direct access to the Atlantic Ocean, under the pines of the Landes de Gascogne forest or on the shores of South-West France’s very own great lakes, choose your favourite Sandaya campsite for a fabulous holiday in Nouvelle-Aquitaine! With the decor set, all you have to do now is pick your accommodation from amongst our wide range of camping pitches, cottages, chalets or lodge tents. And for that nothing could be simpler: the more shells there are the more advantages you’ll enjoy!
On-site, make the most of our fabulous choice of sports activities: aquagym lessons, games of pétanque, family tournaments on the multisports ground... The perfect opportunity to get a world away from your daily routine. And to cool down or chill out, you can count on the bathing area and its waterslides!
Camping Aquitaine, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit Aquitaine with the family
With more than 700 kilometres of Atlantic coast, Aquitaine offers the longest sandy beach anywhere in Europe: the ideal spot to bring the kids for a family holiday, your feet in the water! With your beach float, swimsuit and sunscreen at the ready, prepare to tread the most beautiful sands of Aquitaine, from the Île de Ré in the north right down to the Pays Basque in the south!
And how about trying your hand at surfing? Right next to your campsite, the Atlantic Ocean will be your new playground! And, for a family outing aboard a canoe or a paddleboard, head for the shores of the Aquitaine great lakes: Biscarrosse, Sanguinet, Lacanau, Hourtin… their clear shallow waters are ideal for your youngsters!
Visit Aquitaine as a couple
Whether you adore visiting France’s cultural heritage, lazing at the seaside or enjoying watersports out on the ocean waves, the Aquitaine region knows how to offer you exactly what you want! In the north, fall under the charm of the Île de Ré and its delightful scenery opposite La Rochelle, or treat yourself to an unforgettable trip to the Île d’Oléron, just off shore from La Tremblade.
Cross the Gironde estuary and discover a long straight coastline of unspoilt sand dunes, including of course its famous highpoint, the Dune du Pilat. An open invitation to soak up the sun at the water’s edge! And don’t forget to stop off for a wine-tasting as you travel the Médoc wine roads on your way to Bordeaux and its water mirror!
Camping Aquitaine: our handy tips for a successful stay
From the top of the Dune du Pilat, admire the surfers as they cleave the ocean waves, outlined against the setting sun!
Sample the treasures of the exceptional Aquitaine terroir: Périgord truffles, Médoc wines, Bayonne ham...
On your bikes everyone! You’re going to love pedalling the Vélodyssée, the long-distance cycle track that follows the coastline.
Between the Arvert peninsula and the La Coubre forest, discover the most gorgeous beaches of the Charente-Maritime!
What is there to do and see in the Aquitaine?
During your camping holiday in the Aquitaine, you’ll have a vast playground to explore with its extensive coastline. You’ll find all your favourite water-based activities here, plus those you dream of trying out! Surfing off the Landes coasts, windsurfing in Arcachon Bay, scuba diving off the Basque coast... or just a gentle swim to cool off. Near your campsite in the Aquitaine, with its own covered pool, get ready to explore the loveliest parts of the southwest and experience a wealth of surprises and excitement!
Why go camping in the Aquitaine?
Stay at one of our campsites in the Aquitaine to enjoy the very best of our facilities and one of the most beautiful regions of France. You’ll find plenty to keep campers of every age entertained at your luxury campsite, including a covered pool, water slide, water park and spa... all set in unspoilt natural surroundings. The Aquitaine is the ideal destination to spend a holiday to remember. Whether you come as a couple, with family or with friends, this region has everything to keep even the most demanding travellers happy!
What are the must-see tourist attractions in the Aquitaine?
A camping holiday in south-west France is the opportunity to discover landscapes and places steeped in history:
• The Dune du Pilat: its staggering proportions make this the region’s star attraction! Take advantage of your camping holiday in the Aquitaine to see how far you can roll in the sand! As the dune reaches a height of 110 m and measures 2.7 km long, you’ll have plenty of scope to set a new record!
• The Lascaux cave: Cro-Magnon apparently loved to stay in the Aquitaine too – admittedly with less luxury and comfort than at our 4 and 5 star campsites! When he wasn’t out chasing mammoths, he expressed his talent with his cave paintings, which are among the most beautiful in the world;
• The Château de Beynac: in the heart of the Périgord Noir, travel back to the time of the knights in this impregnable 12th-century fortress. Towering over the Dordogne at a height of more than 150 m, it offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding area.
Which are the most beautiful towns in the Aquitaine?
• St-Jean-de-Luz (64): like the rest of the Basque Country, St-Jean-de-Luz is a warm and colourful place. During your stay in the southwest, take the time to explore its maze of narrow streets and in the evening, savour the local gastronomy in one of its cosy characteristic restaurants;
• Sarlat (24): houses from the Middle Ages, winding narrow streets, little shops from a bygone era ... visit Sarlat and you’ll travel through the ages as you explore the region’s unique terroir and traditions;
• Arcachon (33): a holiday in the Aquitaine wouldn’t be complete without a trip to Arcachon and its wonderful bay. Stroll along the beach, bask in the sun, indulge in some water sports... this seaside town has so much to offer that you’re bound to find something to tempt you.
Which are the most beautiful beaches in the Aquitaine?
• Lacanau (33): this is surfers’ paradise! Are you a fan of board sports? If so, during your holiday on the Atlantic coast, spend a day – or several – riding the ocean’s forceful waves... guaranteed thrills and spills!
• The vast beach in Biarritz (64): located in the heart of the town, after a day spent soaking up the sun, you’ll only have a short walk to the many restaurants that line the promenade to taste the best of the Basque Country;
• Biscarrosse – Navarrosse beach (40): is a camping holiday in the Aquitaine about spending time with the family for you? If so, start packing your little one’s armbands and sunscreen! With its wonderfully warm water and gentle waves, the whole family will love this spot.