Languedoc-Roussillon, the ideal holiday destination!
Towns renowned for their good life, a coast lined with beaches of soft fine sand, plains and hills rich with the flavour of summer... come and discover your new holiday address at a 4 or 5 star campsite! Under an ever-radiant sun, relax and unwind on the terrace of your mobile home or your lodge tent, as you prepare your programme for the day: hiking in the Corbières massif, strolling along the harbourside in Sète, canoeing through the Gorges de l’Hérault...
For all those who love a stay close to nature, come and set up your tent, caravan or campervan on one of our campsite pitches to make the most of the region’s very special Mediterranean climate. You prefer the swimming pool? Discover our water parks with waterslides and pools for all the family!
Camping Languedoc-Roussillon, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit the Languedoc-Roussillon with all the family
With a coastline that stretches from the western Pyrénées to the Camargue, the landscapes of the Languedoc-Roussillon are unbeatable for the perfect family holiday! Leucate, Agde, Sète or La Grande-Motte, wherever you are you’ll enjoy an unspoilt view over the Mediterranean Sea as it beckons you for a dip in its sparkling blue waters.
And whichever seaside adventure you choose, you can rely on your Sandaya campsite to lend a helping hand: bike hire, fishing equipment, beach toys... We’ve got all you need to ensure you make the most of every minute of your holiday with the kids! And, as evening draws in, it’s time for a little relaxation: restaurant, funfair or evening entertainment at the campsite, holidays are made for doing exactly what you want to!
Visit the Languedoc-Roussillon as a couple
Take a day out to discover the Languedoc-Roussillon the best possible way as you head off from your Sandaya campsite! On holiday with your very favourite person, we couldn’t think of anything more romantic than a trip on the Canal du Midi. Settle yourselves comfortably aboard a barge and set sail from Agde, Carcassonne or Béziers for a peaceful cruise through the most gorgeous scenery in the Languedoc, the sun gently filtered by the leaves of the plane trees along the banks on each side.
Beyond appreciating its exceptional natural setting, your cruise will reveal the story behind this exceptional feat of engineering, a listed Unesco World Heritage Site linking the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea. You certainly won’t be disappointed by the voyage!
Camping Languedoc-Roussillon: our handy tips for a successful stay
Wine-lover? The vineyards that stretch as far as the eye can see hold the promise of some fabulous wine-tastings to come!
Head off with the family to play at mediaeval knights, in the majestic city of Carcassonne, land of the Cathars!
Sea, lakes, rivers... whether on the coast or inland, water will reign supreme in all your leisure activities!
Mont Aigoual, Pic-Saint-Loup, Mont Saint-Clair… Head for the heights to enjoy the most beautiful of panoramas!
Why go camping in the Languedoc Roussillon?
This summer, make the most of the sun and the sea at our luxury campsites in the Languedoc-Roussillon! All the essentials for an unforgettable family holiday are available on site, including a water park, a covered pool, teens and children’s clubs, etc. Thanks to its direct access to the beach, or proximity to it, your campsite in the Languedoc-Roussillon allows you to take full advantage of all the pleasures of the sea. Relaxing, swimming and sandcastles galore! A camping holiday in the Languedoc-Roussillon means discovering something new and amazing every day.
To ensure you that your nights are just as perfect, our campsites in the Languedoc-Roussillon guarantee you the very best in accommodation:
• Pitch for tent in the Languedoc-Roussillon;
• Camper van area in the Languedoc-Roussillon;
• Campsite with mobile home in the Languedoc-Roussillon;
• Campsite with caravan pitch in the Languedoc-Roussillon.
• Campsite with quirky accommodation: safari lodges, caravans and chalets
• Campsite with spacious and comfortable villas
Which are the most touristic departments in the Languedoc-Roussillon?
During your stay at a 5 star campsite in the Languedoc-Roussillon, set out to explore this region with its typical Mediterranean culture. Four departments in particular are extremely popular with visitors:
• The Hérault: Cirque de Navacelles, the Gothic cathedral in Montpellier, Pézenas a town of art and history, etc. Whether natural or created by humans, the Hérault has a huge number of sites for you to admire during your holiday in the Languedoc-Roussillon.
• The Gard: synonymous with an exceptional heritage handed down from the Roman Empire: The Pont du Gard, Nîmes Amphitheatre, the Maison Carrée, etc. Not to be missed at any cost!
• The Aude: around Narbonne and Carcassonne, set out to conquer the Cathar castles perched on their rocky outcrops. For warriors who need to rest, tasting oysters from Leucate among the vineyards of Aude is a must.
• The Pyrénées Orientales: Argelès-sur-Mer, Collioure, Canet-en-Roussillon... Between the Aude and the Spanish border, the names of these towns are the stuff of dreams for all those who enjoy rest and relaxation and outdoor activities.
Which are the most beautiful towns in the Languedoc-Roussillon?
During your camping holiday in the Languedoc-Roussillon, treat yourself to a stopover in some of the region's prettiest towns:
• Montpellier: a combination of history and modernity, Montpellier is a condensed version of the Languedoc-Roussillon region. Right next to it, Clapiers is a paradise for walkers, hikers and mountain bikers.
• Vendres-plage: near your 5 star campsite in the Languedoc-Roussillon, the beaches of Vendres, in the Hérault, are the perfect spot for taking full advantage of the sea with your family.
• Frontignan-plage: discover the tastes of Languedoc-Roussillon and the Hérault at the traditional market in Frontignan: pélardon goat’s cheese, artisanal olive oil and the many different types of fruit grown in the region (strawberries, apricots, melons, etc.).
• Vias: boat trips, stand-up paddleboarding, jet-ski... with so many water sports to choose from, Vias is the perfect place for a fun-filled holiday in the Languedoc-Roussillon.
• Villeneuve-lès-Avignon: to the east of the Gard, travel back in time in this medieval town with a strong Provencal influence.
• Sérignan: an authentic and peaceful small town in the Hérault. Ideal for a weekend in the Languedoc-Roussillon, or longer, with the chance to relax and unwind: swimming, sunbathing and walks in the shade of its narrow streets.
What are the must-see tourist attractions in the Languedoc-Roussillon?
Heritage, gastronomy and nature will take pride of place during your camping holiday in southern France:
• Montpellier Zoo: take your children on an adventure to learn more about the world's wildlife. More than a thousand animals await them!
• Canal du Midi: winding its way through some of the most beautiful countryside in the Languedoc-Roussillon, this is the ideal setting for a boat trip or a mountain bike outing.
• Salagou Lake: near Clermont l'Hérault, a haven of peace where you can recharge your batteries and be at one with nature.
• The Camargue: one of the most untouched regions of France ruled by bulls and flamingos. The local speciality? “Gardiane de taureau” (Bull stew) paired with a delicious AOC wine.
• Sigean African Reserve: treat yourself to a safari day in the heart of the Aude and meet this wildlife park’s lions, cheetahs and giraffes. A guaranteed change of scenery!