The Hérault, the ideal destination for your camping holiday
Low season or high season, the Hérault has so many treasures to share, whether you love lazing on the beach or getting out and about in the midst of nature. Here, you never have to choose! Only a few kilometres separate the balmy waters of the Mediterranean from the wild landscapes of the Hérault valley.
And since you’re in Occitanie, you’ll be able to make the most of the endless sunshine for a fabulous holiday at a 4 or 5 star campsite. The perfect compromise between comfort and getting back to nature. Book your tent or mobile home and prepare to enjoy the good life: bathing and slip-sliding away in the swimming pools and water slides of the water park, tennis, volleyball or pétanque on the sport grounds, chilling out as you top up your tan on the solarium terrace... Enjoy whatever you feel like doing, whenever you feel like doing it. That’s what holidays are all about!
Camping Hérault, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit the Hérault with the family
Natural beauty spots, leisure activities, entertaining visits and trips that surprise, the Hérault is brimming with fun things to keep your little adventurers happy! Begin with a journey to the centre of the Earth in the famous Clamouse cave at the entrance to Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert or that of the Grotte des Demoiselles, both renowned for their impressive size! The perfect halt before your canoe trip through the Gorges de l’Hérault!
On your return to Montpellier, head for the tropics and the Amazonian jungle at the Lunaret Zoo as you wander from mangrove to tree-top canopy. And if, just for once, the sun has decided to play hide and seek, then take the family to the Galileo Planetarium and a starry-eyed voyage through space!
Visit the Hérault as a couple
Strolling arm-in-arm through one of the most beautiful villages in the Hérault, bathing together on a Mediterranean beach, enjoying a romantic cruise along the Canal du Midi... There are so many special moments to share with your significant other! For authenticity and romance, where better than starting your journey at Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, one of the “Most Beautiful Villages in France”? You’ll love losing yourselves in the labyrinth of narrow streets within its ramparts, or taking your time to explore the cloister of the Gelonne Abbey, the jewel of the town.
Feel the call of the sea? Follow the Languedoc coastline as far as the Étang de Thau, ready to sample the best oysters in the region. On the horizon, Sète awaits you with beaches, delicious tielles and a sublime panorama from the heights of the Mont Saint-Clair!
Camping Hérault: our handy tips for a successful stay
A walk that is truly extraordinary? Discover the stunning scenery of the Cirque de Navacelle!
A swim in a totally unspoilt setting? Head for the Salagou Lake and its flame-red rocks!
A view that is seriously awesome? Climb the 658m of the Pic-Saint-Loup to admire the panorama!
An ice cream that you’ll never forget? Make your way to the right bank at Palavas-les-Flots, then enjoy all the fun of the fair!
Why go camping in the Hérault?
Treat yourself to a restorative break in the spellbinding atmosphere of the Mediterranean, with a stay at one of our 4 and 5 star campsites. Under the Occitan sunshine, the whole family will be overjoyed as they make the most of their well-deserved summer holiday. Thanks to the children’s and teens’ clubs at our top-of-the-range campsites in the Hérault, your youngsters will be able to burn off some energy and try out a host of new fun activities.
And you? While they’re occupied, you can take a refreshing dip then unwind peacefully, stretched out beside the pool... until you’re ready to dive back in again! Our campsites with direct beach access mean that the joys of the Mediterranean are just steps away from your holiday accommodation. Bask on the warm sand, try out the water sports, take a walk along the beach or set off on a cycle ride... there’ll be no time to get bored!
Whether it’s a weekend break or a family summer holiday, we have everything you need to turn your getaway into a memorable experience:
• pitch for tent in the Hérault;
• pitch for camper van in the Hérault;
• mobile home in the Hérault;
• mobile home with PRM access in the Hérault, for people with reduced mobility.
During your stay at your luxury campsite in the Hérault, no need to worry about who’s going to take care of your pets! We love to welcome cats and dogs, so every single member of your family will be able to enjoy a holiday!
Which are the most beautiful beaches in the Hérault?
Near our campsites with a covered swimming pool in the Hérault, you can also venture out to the shores of the Mediterranean and its finest beaches:
• Palavas-les-Flots beach: gorgeous stretches of golden sand, lined with lively restaurants and shops. Ideal for relaxing in the sunshine and indulging in some water sports;
• The vast beach of Vendres in the south of the department – a peaceful, unspoilt beach. This spot is unbeatable for bike rides along the coast;
• Les Aresquiers beach: your future holiday haven amidst the sand dunes and soothing, abundant greenery;
• Vias beaches: welcoming, family-friendly beaches with facilities for children. A carefree atmosphere!
• Sérignan beach: set between two nature reserves (Maïre and Orpellières), an unspoilt beach stretching more than 5 km, supervised in summer.
Which are the most beautiful towns in the Hérault?
Visit the Hérault department and soak up the atmosphere of this typically Mediterranean region. One of the best ways to do so is to explore the most beautiful towns in the area:
• Montpellier: a unique blend of modern and traditional. With its historic centre, museums and festivals, you can certainly get your fill of local culture here;
• Vendres-Plage: with its seafood restaurants, this town provides the perfect opportunity to savour the region’s culinary heritage;
• Frontignan-Plage: a peaceful seaside destination that will delight the whole family for a day in the sun;
• Vias: a short walk from the coast, a picturesque village with colourful alleyways steeped in history;
• Sérignan: in addition to its coastal village appeal, Sérignan is known for its Contemporary Art Centre. A series of exciting exhibitions is held all year round;
• Sète: this harbour town is buzzing all summer long. It is best known for its canals, which are the scene of some lively water jousting competitions every year!
• Cap d’Agde: the seaside resort par excellence. With its many beaches and vibrant nightlife, it’s a must if you like to party!
What are the must-see tourist attractions in the Hérault?
During your stay at one of our campsites with water park, take the opportunity to explore the region and its most emblematic sites:
• Étang de Thau: for a day surrounded by nature, set out to observe the rich biodiversity at this stretch of water;
• Cirque de Navacelles: be prepared to be amazed at this spectacular natural site. With its breathtaking canyon, you’ll feel as if you’ve been transported to another world;
• Lunaret Zoo: before they jump back on to the water slides, treat your children to an encounter with the exotic animals that fill their dreams;
• Canal du Midi: sail or stroll along this famous canal that features on the UNESCO World Heritage list.