Pont du Gard
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, the ideal holiday destination
There’s no better way to discover Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes than by staying in the great outdoors! Land of mountains, volcanoes and lakes; there’s no doubt about it, green is the colour that dominates the landscapes of this region ruled by nature. A perfect destination to head off on an adventure with the family or to share an idyllic break, far from the hustle and bustle of the town. Hiking amidst the Auvergne volcanoes, bathing in the lakes of Haute-Savoie or discovering gastronomy in the Lyonnais, come and enjoy the countless treasures of a region renowned for its generosity!
If you love the great outdoors, this is definitely one of the most beautiful destinations to go camping. In its gorgeous natural setting, let our Sandaya campsite bring a touch of comfort to your holiday close to nature: fully-equipped cottages for a stay that's a real home-from-home, outdoor sports and activities, aquatic area with covered and heated swimming pool, free children’s clubs... And, of course, a vast choice of excursions to explore the surrounding area!
Camping Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes with the family
Ahh, the joys of being a child when it’s time to discover the lush green scenery of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes! A land where nature is eternal, where outdoor leisure activities rule and are certain to satisfy your youngster’s thirst for adventure.
In Auvergne, take the kids off to discover the oldest volcanoes in France at Vulcania, the famous theme park waiting to reveal all their secrets. The hiking is gentle and the view from the summit simply breathtaking! And when it comes to bathing you’ll be spoilt for choice: the lakes of the Puy-de-Dôme and of the Savoie, the Gorges de l’Ardèche and the Rhône Valley. This is truly a paradise for freshwater leisure! And if you’re travelling with up-and-coming adventurers, there will be plenty of opportunities to try climbing, canoeing or rafting with the family!
Visit Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes as a couple
There’s nothing better than a romantic break in the heart of nature to spend some very special time together. For your next trip, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes has some exceptional discovery trails that will take you right into the heart of its heritage. Choose your favourite!
And for deep down relaxation, you’ve definitely come to the right place! With its 24 thermal resorts, the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region promises some serious wellness therapy in the beneficial waters of Vichy or Aix-les-Bains. If you love age-worn buildings, head off in the footsteps of history: castles, medieval villages and Romanesque churches will be a feature of every excursion! Finally, the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region is also that of gastronomy and good food, as demonstrated by the Cité de la Gastronomie in Lyon and the Halles Gourmandes in Valence. So, whenever you stop for a break, you’ll find discovery on your plate as well!
Camping Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes: our handy tips for a successful stay
Did you know? Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes is the region with the highest number of Natural Regional Parks, a grand total of 10!
Climb the 1,465m of the Puy-de-Dôme, a listed “Grand Site de France” to admire the 80 volcanoes of the Chaîne des Puys!
To bathe in Europe’s purest lake, head for Annecy, the “Little Venice of the Alps”!
A Unesco world heritage site, the whole of the Lyon town centre is well worth exploring, on foot, by tram or even by the funicular railway!
Why go camping in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes?
Treat yourself to a natural getaway surrounded by the verdant landscapes of the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region. Mountains, tranquil lakes and rivers that wind through the gorges... you’ll find so much to see and do! Your stay at a campsite in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes is also an opportunity to discover a region blessed with distinctive cuisine and a host of charming little villages.
For a perfect stay, your luxury campsite in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes features the very best: swimming pool, water park, water slides, children’s playground, restaurants, shops...and more. In the daytime, your children can spend some happy moments at our children’s and teens’ clubs. And in the evening, everyone can get together for the shows and entertainment put on by our teams. A fantastic vibe guaranteed!
For your accommodation, we have also selected the very best at your riverside campsite in the Auvergne Rhone-Alpes:
• Pitch for tent in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes,
• Camper van area in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes,
• Luxury mobile home in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes,
• High-end villa in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes,
• Quirky accommodation in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes (gypsy caravan, glamping tent, etc.).
Which are the most beautiful departments to visit in the Auvergne Rhone-Alpes?
From your luxury campsite in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, you can set out to explore the region’s most beautiful natural spots:
• Ardèche: from the very first day of your stay at a natural campsite, you’ll fall under the spell of the Ardèche, its rugged gorges and picturesque villages. To sample the regional produce, head to one of the many local markets, brimming with colours and flavours.
• Haute-Savoie: with its majestic mountainous landscapes, the Haute-Savoie always leaves a lasting impression on first-time visitors. Boasting countless lakes and unspoilt landscapes, the area is paradise for hiking and nature lovers.
• Puy-de-Dôme: explore the Vulcania theme park to find out more about the region’s fascinating geological history. And then there’s the Saint-Nectaire cheese, Auvergnat charcuterie, fresh tome brioche... not only is the region a feast for the eyes, but a treat for your tastebuds too!
Which are the most beautiful towns to visit in the Auvergne Rhone-Alpes?
During your stay at a luxury campsite in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, you’ll be won over by the region’s loveliest towns and their magnificent heritage:
• Annecy: known as the Venice of the Alps, Annecy will enchant you with its picturesque canals and brightly coloured houses. Its lake is a favourite spot among swimming and watersports enthusiasts... and the ideal place for a lovely picnic with the family or your beloved.
• Doussard: poised on the edge of Lake Annecy, Doussard forms a peaceful natural setting that’s ideal for simply relaxing or enjoying outdoor activities. Set off hiking or explore the beautiful alpine landscapes.
• Sampzon: located in the Ardèche, Sampzon is the ideal starting point when you want to discover the Gorges de l’Ardèche in a canoe or kayak. You’ll quickly succumb to the region’s wild beauty!
• Privas: the prefecture town of the Ardèche, Privas appeals with its Provençal charm, medieval alleys and suspension bridge. Sample the delicious candied chestnuts, a local speciality.
• Clermont-Ferrand: dominated by its grandiose Gothic cathedral, Clermont-Ferrand is a wonderful blend of history and modernity. Discover the nearby Puy-de-Dôme, with its sweeping views of the Chaîne de Puys.
What are the sightseeing attractions in the Auvergne Rhone-Alpes?
During your stay at a 5 star campsite in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, take a trip to some of the region’s must-see sites:
• Gorges de l’Ardèche: hiking, mountain biking, canoeing... follow the course of the Gorges de l’Ardèche any way you please! There’s no better way than having fun and recharging your batteries surrounded by nature to help you forget the hassles of everyday life.
• Lake Annecy: nestled amid the mountainous landscapes, this is undeniably one of the most beautiful natural vistas in the region! Meander along the lake’s shore on foot or on a bicycle, go swimming in its peaceful waters or take a boat trip... perfect for chilling out and really getting away from it all.
• Vercors Natural Park: make the most of your stay at a mountain campsite to explore the wild landscapes and magnificent forests of the Vercors Natural Regional Park. The most athletic among you can go climbing while the dreamers can enjoy a spot of fishing.
• Auvergne Natural Park: discover the splendid landscapes with their kaleidoscope of greens, in the shadow of the slumbering volcanoes. A welcome dose of fresh air surrounded by nature and biodiversity.