Pont du Gard
The Ardèche, the ideal holiday destination!
There is so much to see and do in the Ardèche. Stroll through the local markets and sample the local produce, set off on the hiking trails, do some cultural sightseeing or descend the Gorges de l’Ardèche in a canoe or on a standup paddleboard... putting together your own dream programme couldn’t be easier!
For an outstanding holiday in the Ardèche, you’ll also need an outstanding pied-à-terre! Set in gorgeous green surroundings with a heated water park, a wide range of accommodation choices ranging from traditional camping pitches to cottages, free children’s clubs, a wellness area and the river nearby, your Sandaya campsite certainly ticks all the boxes!
Camping Ardèche, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit the Ardèche with the family
Prepare your little campers! The programme for their family holiday in Ardèche promises to be a sporty one with the many outdoor pursuits on offer in this lovely natural spot. In the morning, enjoy canyoning in the Gorges de l’Ardèche or a tree-top adventure course playing Tarzan and Jane. Then head for the Gorges du Doux Vélorail in the afternoon for an amazing way to discover the Ardèche! On the downhill section, you’ll be at the helm of a little rail bike, driven by pedal power and revealing the stunning scenery as you go along. And don’t worry... for the climb back up, you’ll take the motorised railcar!
For a more relaxing activity, take a trip to the Païolive Wood, which will transport you and your tribe into a world of mystery and magic. This is an astonishing forest of petrified rocks that take on an animal appearance, and is ideal for some escapism in the heart of nature. Visitors of every age will let their imagination run wild as they try and make out the shape of the rocks dotted along their path. Who will come up with the most madcap suggestion?
Visit the Ardèche as a couple
Your romantic escapade in the Ardèche will be one to remember! Like its neighbouring Provence, picturesque villages and scenic spots abound in this beautiful region where nature reigns. Balazuc and Vogüé have both been awarded “Characterful Village” status and the “Most Beautiful Villages in France” label, and they will amaze by their beauty and history. Take, for example, the Chauvet cave and its 30,000-year-old cave paintings.
Come to the Ardèche with your sweetheart and you can also enjoy a series of exciting experiences! Explore the region on a bicycle, go underground on a pot-holing excursion, enjoy a hike in the heart of the Gorges de l’Ardèche as far as the Pont d’Arc or go wine-tasting... take your pick and put together your own special programme!
Camping Ardèche: our handy tips for a successful stay
The Ardèche is a heavenly destination for foodies! Sausage, cheese, nougat, honey and chestnuts, the region’s star product... enjoy the local produce to the full!
Ideal for a family outing, Peaugres Safari stretches 80 hectares and is the largest animal park in the Rhône-Alpes region. There, visitors of every age can admire wild animals from four continents.
Love old stones and châteaux? Then you’ll be spoilt for choice in the Ardèche with the castles of Vogüé, Craux and La Chèze. A fascinating journey back in time awaits!
The Ardèche river is the ideal spot to indulge in the water sport of your choice, and the more intrepid among you will even dive in for a swim! A refreshing dip that will be more than welcome in the summer heat!
Why go camping in the Ardèche?
The Ardèche is paradise for anyone who loves a holiday in the heart of verdant countryside dotted with villages steeped in age-old history! With its fortified castles perched on hilltops and the crystal-clear waters of its rivers, a camping holiday in the Ardèche is ideal for a relaxing and discovery-filled escapade. So what’s the programme? How about exploring the region and its history, mountain bike rides, swimming and canoeing?
At your campsite in the Ardèche, you’ll find all the pleasures you’d expect when camping: indoor swimming pool, water park, restaurants and shops, playgrounds, and more. And to make sure your children also spend an amazing holiday, our entertainers are on hand to keep them amused. Every day, they’ll introduce them to new activities at our children’s and teens’ clubs. And when evening comes, there are shows and entertainment to round off your day in style!
As for your accommodation, at your campsite with water park in the Ardèche, you’ll find the very best:
● Pitch for tent in the Ardèche,
● Luxury mobile home, cottage and chalet in the Ardèche,
● Villa with swimming pool in the Ardèche,
● Quirky accommodation in the Ardèche (gypsy caravan, lodge, furnished tent...).
Which are the most beautiful towns in the Ardèche?
During your stay at a luxury campsite in the Ardèche, take the opportunity to discover all the treasures that this beautiful corner of France has to offer, with a visit of its most emblematic towns:
● Privas: fall under the charm of the picturesque alleys and old stones in this town poised on a hilltop.
● Aubenas: this town is steeped in a medieval atmosphere and proud of its majestic castle of Montlaur. On Saturday mornings, visit its market – the perfect opportunity to sample the local specialities.
● Vals-les-Bains: known for its hot springs, this town boasts a relaxing atmosphere and lush green gardens. A restorative getaway, very close to Aubenas.
● Balazuc: just a few kilometres from your campsite with swimming pool in the Ardèche, this scenic village, perched above the River Ardèche, is postcard-perfect! Stop off at a local grocery store to sample one of the region’s specialities: the delicious Ardèche chestnuts.
● Vallon-Pont-d’Arc: located right next to your 5 star campsite in the Ardèche, this town takes its name from the famous “Pont d’Arc”, the impressive natural arch carved by the river. Vallon-Pont-d’Arc is decidedly privileged as it’s also the site of the Chauvet cave, whose magnificent cave paintings are listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
● Sampzon: if you’re looking for a haven of peace on the banks of the Ardèche, then Sampzon is the place to be. Don’t miss the chance to admire the Rock of Sampzon, which towers 381 metres above the town and the surrounding area!
What are the sightseeing attractions in the Ardèche?
When you’re not out mountain biking in the forest, make sure you visit the outstanding attractions that have made the region’s reputation:
● Chauvet cave: a visit to the Chauvet caves is a fascinating journey through time. The cave paintings here will offer an extraordinary insight into ancient art during your camping stay in the Ardèche.
● Pont d’Arc: a natural wonder tirelessly carved by the river, creating one of the most stunning sites in the region. This is bound to be a highlight of your camping holiday in the Ardèche.
● Vogüé Castle: a medieval jewel seated high above the Ardèche. With its magnificent architecture, that is at once elegant and imposing, fans of castle visits will be amazed.
● The Gorges de l’Ardèche: explore the sumptuous landscapes that the river has carved out of the rock. Go canoeing, walking, mountain biking or simply stretch out on one of its many beaches... pick the pace and the atmosphere that suits you!
Which are the prettiest riverside beaches in the Ardèche?
Swimming, lazing around, fishing, watersports... on the beaches of the Ardèche, there’s a bundle of fun to be had by the water’s edge! For recreation and relaxation, here are the most beautiful beaches to be found near your 5-star campsite in the Ardèche:
● Vallon Beach: a few kilometres from Aubenas, this beach on the banks of the River Ardèche will be an instant hit, with its clear waters and buzzing vibe. And as a bonus, you can admire the splendid Pont d’Arc.
● Pont de Labeaume beach: tucked away near the charming village of Labeaume, this beach is simply ideal for relaxing and recharging your batteries immersed in nature.
● La Neuve beach: bordered by the river, this peaceful beach in Lyas provides an idyllic setting in which to chill out and cool off. It is supervised in summer so it’s a safe swimming spot, just a short distance from your nature campsite in the Ardèche.
● The beaches at Balazuc: unleash your adventurous side and explore the picturesque secret coves along the Ardèche. Here, relaxation is the watchword and nature has free rein. Ideal for a day out in the heart of nature, with a picnic break for lunch!
Which are the most beautiful rivers in the Ardèche?
Meandering through the valleys, the Ardèche’s many rivers have shaped breathtaking natural landscapes over time. Take advantage of your camping holiday in the Ardèche to wind your way along some of the most emblematic of them:
● The Ardèche: its name is synonymous with adventure and natural beauty, and rightly so! Between the countless castles and villages that border it and the wild, unspoilt countryside, it’s a wonderful setting for a canoe trip.
● The Beaume: with its calm, clear waters, this river is perfect for a day’s swimming with the family. And a heavenly spot for an indulgent picnic!
● The Cèze: natural waterfalls, rocky pools and crystal-clear water... discover the many facets of this enchanting river.
● The Eyrieux: a few kilometres from your campsite with swimming pool in the Ardèche, tour the magnificent landscapes of the Eyrieux Valley featuring pretty villages and gorges lined with steep cliffs. The icing on the cake? It’s graced with over 45 km of cycle paths!