The Finistère, the ideal destination for your camping holiday
Spectacular cliff-top viewpoints, the ocean that stretches as far as the eye can see, an archipelago of islands offering a little touch of the tropics, the Finistère has something to delight all the family! From Quimperlé to Roscoff, via Brest and the Crozon Peninsula, this land of a 1,000 facets won’t fail to awaken your taste for adventure.
With the ocean as its backdrop, your Sandaya campsite in the Finistère offers the perfect setting to take a deep breath of sea air. Between each of your trips to the prettiest corners of southern Brittany, take time out to recharge the batteries and make the most of the many activities at your luxury campsite: sport in the great outdoors or in the water, entertainment at any time of the day, unlimited bathing in the water park with its covered and heated swimming pool. So don’t wait, it’s time to book your holiday accommodation in a mobile home or under the canvas of your tent and enjoy a holiday inspired by freedom!
Camping Finistère, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit the Finistère with the family
In a land where every day is pancake day, where the coastline is perfect for endless bike rides and where the seaside towns look as if they’ve come straight out of a swashbuckling pirate film, the Finistère has all you could wish for to win your children’s hearts!
From the famous walled town of Concarneau where they’ll be able to sample their first Brittany “galette”, head off towards the Glénan Islands aboard the Némo, a glass-bottomed catamaran that enables you to admire the sublime ocean floor. With its spectacular beauty, this archipelago just off the Brittany coast is the setting you’ve always dreamed of to try a new seaside activity. Windsurfing, kitesurfing or kayaking... with the world-renowned Centre Nautique des Glénans, the choice is yours!
Visit the Finistère as a couple
Treat yourselves to a stay where you can get up close and personal... with the ocean! A holiday for two in the Finistère, the Brittany coast at its picture postcard best, spectacular headlands alternating with bays encircled by little rocky islands. What more could you want? So grab your walking shoes and follow the shoreline hand-in-hand, around the Trépassés Bay to the famous Pointe du Raz. A listed “Grand Site de France”, this dramatic spot alone is well worth a trip to the Finistère!
Keep your eyes wide open as you stand at the top of its towering 70m cliffs, and you’ll be able to spot the Grand Phare lighthouse on the Island of Sein lying 8km offshore. And after all that hard work, you certainly deserve a treat. So settle yourselves at a table on a sunny terrace in Pont-Croix and soak up the charm of this picturesque little town as you enjoy its local specialities.
Camping Finistère: our handy tips for a successful stay
Discover the beach at Raguénez, where Brittany takes on the exotic colours of Tahiti!
Sample the famous kouign-amann in Douarnenez, birthplace of one of Brittany’s most indulgent patisseries!
Marvel at the Kerloas standing stone in Plouarzel, one of the tallest in France!
Linger on the Crozon Peninsula to admire its shallow lagoons in shades of Mediterranean blue!
Our top reasons to get away
One can never tire of the beauty and charm of the Finistère: lighthouses on the edge of the world, coastal landscapes awash with colour, towns and harbours with history stretching back thousands of years, generous gourmet cuisine… For a truly relaxing family holiday or a romantic break for two, your luxury campsite in the Finistère is the perfect choice for a stay at the very heart of this magnificent region.
Fancy a day at the beach without having to start up the car? Or how about a day together, just the two of you, while the children try out some new activities supervised by our teams? These are just a couple of the high-end services that await you at your campsite with swimming pool in South Finistère. For a perfect stay in the Finistère, our campsites boast an array of extremely modern facilities: covered and heated swimming pool, water park (waterslides, multilane slides, etc.), wellness area with spa and sauna, children’s and teens clubs... as well as a vast choice of entertainment concocted by our teams, always on hand to take care of you!
At our 4 and 5 star campsites in the Finistère, you’ll also find the very best accommodation:
• Cottage in the Finistère,
• Villa in the Finistère,
• Pitch for your tent in the Finistère,
• Camper van area in the Finistère.
• Coco Sweet tent.
To learn all about Breton culture and the region’s distinctive identity during your seaside campsite holiday in the Finistère, head for one of the most beautiful towns in the area:
• Bénodet: you’re sure to fall under the spell of the typically Breton charm of this seaside resort right beside your campsite in South Finistère.
• Clohars-Carnoet: a gorgeous village and picture-perfect harbour, just minutes from your 4 star campsite in the Finistère.
• Névez: Will it be crêpes or seafood for you? Here, close to your campsite with a water park in the Finistère, you won’t be able to resist the Breton culinary delights, to savour in one of the town’s many restaurants.
• Concarneau: one of the main towns in South Finistère, protected since the 13th century by its imposing fortifications, and one of the Finistère’s finest tourist attractions.
• Pont-Aven: follow in the footsteps of Gauguin and the many painters who fell for the charm of this small town with its unmistakeably Breton harbour.
• Brest: the largest city in the Finistère, Brest is one of the region’s best places if you’re keen to discover the region’s fascinating cultural heritage.
• Quimper: for an unrivalled immersion in Brittany’s past during your relaxing stay in the Finistère, a stroll through the cobbled streets of Vieux Quimper and its distinctive half-timbered houses is a must!
When you opt for a camping holiday in South Finistère, you’ll have the chance to explore a region with a unique heritage. There’s so much to see, but which are the best activities for tourists in the Finistère?
• Doëlan harbour: here, the soft sea breeze, the vibrant hues of the coast and the aromas of crêpes and seafood will stir all your senses! Doëlan’s lighthouse is also worth seeing as it really is one of the most beautiful on the South Finistère coast.
• Le Pouldu harbour: just a short distance from your campsite with swimming pool in the Finistère, savour the calm and serenity of the marina here.
• Quiberon peninsula: located in the neighbouring Morbihan, this is one of the most beautiful destinations on the Brittany coast. Breathtaking maritime landscapes and Breton culture everywhere you look!
• Glénan Islands: don your sailor stripes and take to the sea to visit some of the Finistère’s most beautiful islands! Boats depart from Bénodet, just a few minutes from your family campsite in the Finistère.
• The island of Groix: if you love exploring natural surroundings on foot or by bike, then the island of Groix is a must during your camping stay with direct beach access in the Finistère. Be sure to see the Phare de Pen-men, the island’s most emblematic lighthouse.
There’s more to the Finistère seaboard than the superb granite coasts that flank the Atlantic Ocean. There are also plenty of peaceful and family-friendly beaches, where you can spend some wonderfully carefree time:
• Raguenez beach: its irresistible turquoise waters and fine golden sand have earned it the nickname of Plage Tahiti! Even better – this beach with its otherworldly feel is right next to your 4 star campsite in the Finistère.
• Bay of Audierne: Trescadec beach in Audierne, St Julien beach in Plouhinec, Kermabec beach in Plovan… here, in one of the most beautiful bays in the Finistère, you can swim and splash around, bask in the sun and build sandcastles – exactly what the holidays are made for!
• Trégunc beaches: surfing, windsurfing, stand-up paddleboarding... just a few short minutes from your 4 star campsite in the Finistère, take your pick from a selection of watersports!
• Rospico cove: not far from your campsite with swimming pool in the Finistère, this is the perfect spot for a day at the beach with the kids... or just the two of you, lovebirds!