Dune du Pilat
The Landes, the ideal destination for your camping holiday
Endless shores lined by dunes and edged by the ocean, vast lakes just perfect for watersports and leisure, a pine forest that covers virtually the whole department… As a holiday destination the Landes is hard to beat! In fact it’s difficult to imagine a more attractive spot to set up your tent.
If you like your creature comforts you’ll adore staying in one of our fully-equipped cottages or chalets, or perhaps you’d prefer the quirky character of our lodge tents? Whichever you choose for your camping holiday, you can be certain to enjoy deep-down, total and complete re-lax-ation! And for that, your Sandaya campsite is never short of inspiration: blissful bathing in the swimming pools of the water park, a great workout on the outdoor sports grounds or rediscovering your inner adventurer in the pine-scented décor of the Landes forest!
Camping Landes, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit the Landes with the family
From north to south, the Landes coast is one vast playground for all the family, feet in the water or on the warm sand of the beach! Besides the exceptional bathing, there are a host of varied activities for campers of all ages, to ensure that you’ll make the most of every minute of your holiday in the Landes.
A paradise for surfers, the seaside resorts of Hossegor, Capbreton and Seignosse offer lessons to try this exhilarating sport, whilst Biscarrosse, Sanguinet and Mimizan invite you to enjoy all the delights of their large lakes. Crystal clear and shallow, the water is ideal for the kids! Or how about a family outing on a standup paddleboard?
Visit the Landes as a couple
Unable to decide between the Atlantic coast and the Landes countryside? Read on to discover our suggestions to miss nothing of the many different facets this landscape has to offer. The number one must-visit for your holiday à deux: a romantic journey down the Courant d’Huchet, the “little Amazon” of the Landes. But if you don’t have time for the boat trip, simply admire the mouth of this magical little river at Moliets-Plage, where the freshwater meets the saltwater of the sea. Sublime!
A little further inland, the small villages of Bas Armagnac are always worth a visit, both to sample their renowned products and admire their picturesque architecture. If you have to choose only one, make it Labastide-d’Armagnac, a sublime mediaeval village where time has stood still, the perfect place for a sentimental stroll.
Camping Landes: our handy tips for a successful stay
Leave your car and campervan behind: the Landes are always more beautiful explored by bike!
Taste the most famous of the Landes wines, Tursan, grown on its rolling hillsides!
Treat yourself to a refreshing stroll or cycle ride around the Albret Lake!
Head for Dax, and take the waters in one of France’s leading spa destinations!
Why go camping in the Landes?
Let the Atlantic Ocean set the pace as you recharge your batteries in the shade of the pine forests at our 4 and 5 star campsites in the heart of the Landes. Everything you love about family camping holidays is to be found right here on site: swimming pools with water slides, water parks, the sea nearby, and children’s and teens clubs. With our wide range of accommodation (premium chalets, pitches for tents or camper vans, mobile homes, etc.), you are bound to find the perfect place to spend a few wonderful nights in the region.
What is there to see and do when camping in the Landes?
Just a stone’s throw from your high-end campsite in the Landes, a multitude of exciting activities await you for your stay! Pedal boats, stand-up paddleboarding, canoeing, surfing or water skiing... there’s something for every kind of watersports fan here! And nature lovers, you can set off on foot or on a mountain bike along the countless paths that criss-cross one of the largest forests in Europe. Of course, you can also take the time for a nap in the sun, stretched out on the beach and soothed by the sound of the waves of the Atlantic Ocean.
What are the must-see tourist attractions in the Landes?
Whether you come for a stay at one of our campsites in the Landes as a couple or with the whole family, you’ll love exploring the best that the region has to offer:
● Vélodyssée: Discover the region at a gentle pace along this cycling route that runs through Brittany and along the Atlantic down to the Basque coast. In the Landes, the Vélodyssée cycle path starts from Biscarrosse and ends in Tarnos, passing through several interesting towns you can explore along the way. Here are some of the towns you won’t want to miss:
- Biscarrosse: a seaside town located by Lake Biscarrosse, offering beautiful beaches with a wide variety of water-based activities. The town also has a rich natural and cultural heritage, with the Landes forest and the Hydraviation Museum.
- Mimizan: a seaside town famous for its vast beaches, sand dunes and cycle paths.
- Vieux-Boucau-les-Bains: a seaside resort that attracts tourists with its marine lake, beaches, entertainment and shops. It is also known for its many hiking trails and cycle paths.
- Capbreton: a harbour town that has some well-known beaches and surf spots, seafood restaurants that are worth a visit, and a rich historical heritage.
- Tarnos: a town located at the mouth of the Adour, famous for its popular surf spots. This is also the starting point when you want to explore the Basque Country and its region.
As well as these towns along the Vélodyssée, there are two other remarkable sights to see in the region:
● Dax Arena: built over a hundred years ago, this is a powerful symbol of the Landes culture and identity. Every year, the arena comes alive for the famous Dax Feria;
● The Forest of Contemporary Art: how about an artistic interlude during your stay in the Landes? Cast your gaze on twenty or so contemporary works directly inspired by the local landscape, in the Landes de Gascogne Natural Park.
Which are the most beautiful towns in the Landes?
During a stay at your family campsite in the Landes, a region that takes great pride in its strong identity, be sure to visit the most beautiful towns:
- Hossegor, the French surfing capital, boasts natural beauty and a vibrant cultural scene. The pine forests, lakes and sand dunes form the ideal setting for your leisurely walks.
- Seignosse, right nearby, offers an atmosphere that blends the Atlantic Ocean and the Landes forest. It is a family resort popular for Les Estagnots beach, reputed to be one of the best surf spots in Europe.
- Soustons, close to your 5-star campsite in the Landes. A town that is pretty much surrounded by water thanks to its 5 lakes offering an array of watersports such as sailing, stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking, as well as bike rides around the lake.
- Sanguinet, a small and friendly village that will especially please sports and nature lovers with its lake and the Landes forest. And for history buffs, the must-see is the Lake Museum, where you can plunge into the region’s history from Neolithic times to the present day.
- Biarritz: the “Pearl of the Basque Coast”, is known for its exceptional natural beauty. Located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Pyrenees, this seaside town is a destination of choice for surf and beach lovers.
- Bayonne: Bayonne is a historic and vibrant city, home to the famous Basque Museum where you can delve into the local culture. Its lively summer festivals attract thousands of visitors from all over the world every year.
Which are the most beautiful beaches in the Landes?
With such a lovely, long coastline, your seaside camping holiday in the Landes will be all about the beach!
- Cap de l’Homy beach: in Lit-et-Mixe, this beautifully unspoilt beach away from the bustling seaside resorts is a haven of peace in the middle of the Landes coast. It is a real hidden gem, offering breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Further south, the supervised Moliets beach, in Moliets-et-Maâ, is a big favourite with surfers and watersports enthusiasts. Visitors can also enjoy stunning views of the surrounding sand dunes and pine forests.
- Biscarrosse beach: located in the north of the department and in the town of the same name, Biscarrosse. Just a few kilometres from our affordable campsite in the Landes, this beach offers the ideal setting for pleasant walks and a variety of water-based activities.
Which are the most beautiful lakes in the Landes?
If you’re looking for a tranquil waterside ambiance, you can stay at a campsite in the Landes, near the lakes and the coast providing ample opportunities for swimming. While camping in the Landes, you’ll love setting out to discover:
● Soustons Lake: close to your family campsite in the Landes, Soustons Lake is the ideal spot to take the whole family swimming as it offers over two kilometres of supervised beaches;
● Biscarrosse Lake: a little slice of paradise, with crystal-clear blue waters, awaits amidst the pine trees during your stay in the south-west;
● Arjuzanx Lake: enthusiasts of flora and fauna will be enchanted by the colourful, unspoilt setting of Arjuzanx Lake, within a nature reserve in one of the most beautiful sites of the Aquitaine region.
● Sanguinet Lake: a haven of peace surrounded by nature, tucked away amidst lush vegetation and surrounded by majestic pine trees, Sanguinet Lake really is an idyllic setting and ideal for camping by the lake.