The Var, the ideal destination for your camping holiday
There aren't many regions that can pride themselves in providing a range of landscapes as diverse as those of the Var! This multi-faceted department will be just the thing for meeting your needs when it comes to getting away from it all: relax and sunbathe on the sublime beaches of the Mediterranean, hillside walks in the villages of the inland region of the Var, excursions along the idyllic shores of the Îles d’Or, and afterwards a nice rest in your favourite 4 or 5 star campsite!
Just a few minutes from the beaches, treat yourself to an excellent pied-à-terre in the form of a tent or cottage with all the mod cons and get ready for the good life beneath the sunshine of Provence! With sports, evening entertainment and bathing in the heated swimming pools, come and enjoy your holidays in total freedom!
Camping Var, book your stay!
And don’t miss…
Visit the Var with the family
So what's children's favourite pastime on holiday in the Var? Bathing! And that's a good thing, as this sun-drenched region is home to a superb coastline with family-friendly beaches and secret coves for you to discover together. Come and try the turquoise water of the beaches of La Verne in La Seyne-sur-Mer, and of L’Estagnol in Bormes-les-Mimosas or the bay of Agay at the foot of the Estérel massif.
Fancy the idea of heading out to sea? Then set sail for the Île de Porquerolles and discover Notre-Dame beach, known as Europe's loveliest! And people who may want to alternate between saltwater and freshwater should head for the breathtaking scenery of the Gorges du Verdon.
Visit the Var as a couple
After walks hand-in-hand looking out to the crystal clear water of the Mediterranean, gain some real altitude when you set off to explore the wonderful inland region of the Var! With hilltop villages and the scented garrigue scrubland, the Haut-Var really awakens the senses of people in search of peace and authenticity.
So head off for a look around Seillans, a commune that's characteristic of Provence and listed as one of the "most beautiful villages in France". On the Cotignac road, stop off at the abbey of Le Thoronet, one of the three Cistercian marvels of Provence. And en route, the market stalls abounding with honey, olive oil, sun-baked vegetables and local wines are just waiting to be tasted as a way of rounding off your journey of the senses!
Camping Var: our handy tips for a successful stay
The coast of the Var is 430km long: make sure you stay for long enough to explore it all!
Port-Cros, Porquerolles, Levant: you couldn't contemplate holidays in the Var without coming to explore the Îles d’Or!
If you're a fan of outdoor sports, then you should head for the massifs of La Sainte-Baume, Les Maures and L’Estérel!
Treat yourself to a canoe trip in Europe's largest canyon: the Gorges du Verdon!
Why go camping in the Var?
Bathed in the scorching Mediterranean sun in the heart of one of France’s most beautiful regions, the Var beckons for a family getaway or a romantic camping holiday. So, how will you spend your time here? Relaxing on the region’s finest beaches, rambling in the countryside or sampling the local cuisine. And much, much more besides!
We’ve gone all out to make sure your stay at a campsite with swimming pool in the Var is just perfect: water park, playground, children’s and teens’ clubs, shops, restaurants and more. All that, plus the many activities and entertainment orchestrated by our teams!
And to make you feel completely at home, we provide the very best in campsite holiday rentals:
• Cottage: benefit from the privacy of a house while surrounded by nature. Ideal for holidays with all the family or your friends.
• Pitches for tents and camper vans, some of which offer private sanitary facilities for greater privacy.
• Chalet: a real haven of peace immersed in nature.
• Coco Sweet: the Coco Sweet tent is a fun and economical alternative to the mobile home, promising originality and comfort for a perfectly pleasant stay.
• Safari lodge: plunge into the welcoming atmosphere of Africa with this spacious, authentic accommodation choice, perfect for a family glamping experience.
• Teepee lodge: awaken your inner adventurer in this large tent with its typical Native American style. A highly original, indeed exotic option, offering a unique blend of tradition and modern comfort.
You’ll also find our range of luxury holiday rentals for the whole family:
• High-status apartments: a blissful haven for optimal, home-style comfort!
• Spacious, comfortable and fully equipped villas, with enough room to accommodate large families and groups of friends
Which are the most beautiful towns in the Var?
Here are some of the prettiest towns in this sun-kissed corner of France. Just say their names and you’ll conjure up images of summer holidays and easy living. Be sure to visit them during your camping holiday in the Var:
• Saint-Raphael: with its long beaches and restaurant-lined promenades, this is paradise for holidaymakers and families. The sky, the sun and the sea, just a pebble’s throw from your campsite in the Var!
• Saint-Aygulf: this town is the very picture of an idyllic haven, not least because of the Villepey lagoons that surround it. This wetland harbours a rich and diverse range of flora and fauna, and provides the ideal backdrop for your hikes and mountain bike rides.
• Fréjus: the town is famous for its magnificent historical heritage, a legacy left by the Romans. Don’t miss its amphitheatre, one of the best preserved in the entire Mediterranean basin. You’ll also find a whole host of family activities at the town’s immense nature park, including mountain biking, a skatepark, sports of every kind... in short, everything your kids love!
• Saint-Tropez: it’s easy to see why this name is synonymous with glamour and nightlife. If you like to party, then this is the place for you! Its harbour is one of the most beautiful in the entire Mediterranean, attracting jet setters from all over the world.
• Grimaud: after a walk through the cobbled streets of this gorgeous medieval town, head up to the eleventh-century castle for a breathtaking view of the whole region. Simply stunning!
What are the sightseeing attractions in the Var?
During your stay at a luxury campsite in the Var, set out to discover the most popular spots in this sun-soaked region:
• Côte d’Azur: be sure to experience the celebrated French Riviera. With its characteristic villages steeped in Provençal charm, the turquoise waters that lap its beaches and its bustling towns, you’ll immediately fall under its spell!
• Gorges du Verdon: for anyone who loves to have fun immersed in nature, a day (or more!) out in the gorges is unmissable. Can we tempt you with a programme including hiking, watersports and acrobatic diving from high up on the rocks?!
• Calanques de Cassis: the Calanques (or creeks) of Cassis, where the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean meet the cliffs of the Marseilleveyre Massif, are quite simply spectacular. The whole site is a genuine natural gem, the perfect spot to take it easy as you admire the surrounding wonder.
• Lérins Island: located off the coast of Cannes, the Lérins Islands provide the ideal opportunity for a boat trip along the Côte d’Azur. What’s more, the exceptional and beautifully preserved underwater fauna and flora will thrill diving enthusiasts!
• Esterel Massif: set off on foot or on a mountain bike and admire the fascinating red rocks of the Esterel and the sweeping views of the Mediterranean.
• Island of Porquerolles: play Robinson Crusoe, surrounded by pristine beaches and the untamed area of the Island of Porquerolles, off the coast by Hyères. And if fishing with your bare hands proves unsuccessful, you can always stop off in one of the island’s restaurants to savour the Provençal cuisine!
• Fréjus Zoo: take advantage of your 5 star camping holiday in the Var to treat your children to a dream day out at Fréjus Zoo. There, they’ll be amazed by a whole galaxy of exotic animals and the special shows designed just for them.
Where are the most beautiful beaches in the Var?
Here are the beaches you simply must visit for sunbathing and swimming in perfect peace, just a few short miles from your campsite with water park in the Var:
• Fréjus Beach: a magnificent family beach, perfect for children. For your peace of mind, it is supervised throughout the summer season.
• Saint-Aygulf beach: stretching over 800 metres along the coast, this is one of the largest on this part of the Côte d’Azur. Benefiting from excellent wind exposure, it’s also the ideal spot to try kite-surfing, windsurfing or other watersports.
• Portissol beach in Sanary-sur-Mer: located to the west of the Var department, this is one of the most popular beaches in the area. With its rich and unspoilt seabed, it is also a fabulous diving spot, even for beginners.
• Notre-Dame beach in Hyères: this beautifully preserved setting is graced with wonderful white sand and lush vegetation. Located on the Island of Porquerolles, it was recently voted Europe’s most beautiful beach!